Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

WIP Green bead embroidered collar necklace Day 1

I recently shopped at a couple of local thrift stores and was lucky enough to find a large heavy bag of old jewelry for $25. I sorted through most of it and found a lot of useful stuff. I cleaned up a lot of the chains and findings so they can be reused.
I decided to work on collar or bib bead embroidered necklace and recycle what i could out of the older jewelry.

 I came up with a pattern that I liked using cabachons that I made myself with resin and different inclusions.
 I glued down the main cab to get started with some border beading.
 I picked through the jewelry found the pieces I wanted to reuse and took them apart.
 I found some metal bracelets with some beads I wanted to use. 
I may use this copper looking metal beads also as I get more done.
Arranging and planning as I go this was what I finished before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment